Monday, September 5, 2011

The Temple the Teacher built is the Child’s immortal soul!

A builder built a temple, he wrought it grace and skill,
Pillars and groins and arches, all fashioned to work his will.
Men said as they saw its beauty, “it shall never know decay.
Great thy skill, O builder, the fame should endure for eye”.

A Teacher built a temple with love and infinite care,
Planning each arch with patience, laying each stone with prayer
None praised his unceasing efforts, none knew about his wondrous plan
For the temple the teacher build was unseen by the eyes of man.

Gone is the builder’s temple, crumbled into the dust;
Low lays each stately pillar, food for consuming rust.
But the temple the Teacher build will last while the ages roll,
for the beautiful unseen temple is the Child’s immortal Soul.

I have been reading this since my school days; don’t remember from where I collected this. I’m proud to say that I have been in the hands of such Teachers; without whom this life would not have been as beautiful as it is now!

When I look back in my life, few people stand out as an example and role models for me. There are so many things that we can’t learn at home and many others that we can’t learn at school. I take this privilege to thank My Grandmother, Mother, Aunts, “Science Teacher in school” and Mother-in-law. They have been my great teachers. I have learnt a lot from them.

Happy Teacher’s day to all the Teachers who have made this life so beautiful with their preachings, teachings and punishments, ofcourseJ.

1 comment:

  1. Author: John Walter Wayland. I read this poem at my 8th grade graduation in 1989 at the Louisa Middle School.

    ReplyDelete